Chanel is a luxury brand that is known for its high-quality products. One of the most popular items in the Chanel line is the Chanel bag.
The Chanel bag comes in a variety of styles, colors, and materials, making it a versatile accessory that can be worn with many different outfits.
However, like all luxury items, the Chanel bag should be treated with care to ensure that it retains its value and appearance over time.
So, how do you store a Chanel bag properly?
How to Store a Chanel Bag?
One way to protect your Chanel bag from damage is to store it properly.
Here are a few tips on how to store a Chanel bag:
1. Store your Chanel bag in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent fading and damage to the materials.
2. Avoid heat sources such as radiators or fireplaces, as this can cause deterioration over time.
3. Use the original dust bag that came with your purchase to protect it from dust, dirt and other potential damage.
4. If you don’t have the original dust bag, consider using a pillowcase or another soft, protective fabric.
5. Store your Chanel bag in a climate-controlled storage unit if you’re planning on keeping it stored for an extended period of time.
6. Be gentle with your bag and try not to overload it with unnecessary weight. This can damage the materials and affect the overall lifespan of your bag.
7. Keep the shape of your Chanel bag by using stuffing- I use tissue paper balls, or you can purchase a Chanel storage bag.
8. Zip the bag closed to protect it from dust and other potential damage.
9. Avoid contact with sharp objects that could pierce or tear the materials.
10. Keep your receipts and original packaging in a safe place in case you need to have your bag repaired or you want to sell it in the future.
11. Clean your Chanel bag before storing it to help protect the materials and keep it looking its best. Clean leather with a damp cloth and suede with a dry cloth. Make sure your bag is dry before you store it away.
12. Don’t hang your purse from its handles to avoid stretching out the straps over time and ruining the shape of the bag.
13. If you want to take extra precautions, purchase a storage bag specifically designed for Chanel bags. This will help keep your bag in good condition and free from dust, dirt and other potential damage.
14. You can store your purses in bins under the bed- I do this. I have about 10 purses and use this method to store them. You can buy these bins at any home improvement or storage store. Put your purse in every individual bin- it’s better to separate them and not push all purses into one bin.
15. Leave your purse in an upright position to retain the shape.
16. Make sure your purse gets enough fresh air. This may sound weird but it’s a good idea to air out the purse once a month and look at its condition before storing it again.
17. If you’re going to store your bag in a closet, don’t put it on the floor where it can get damaged accidentally.
18. If you’re really paranoid about your bag getting damaged, consider using cedar balls to keep moths away. This will help protect your bag from any damage that may be caused by insects.
20. You can use a hanger to store your bag for a short period of time to avoid wrinkles but if you keep doing this, it may stretch out the handles and strap.
Following these tips will help you keep your Chanel bag in excellent condition for years to come!
Read Also: How to Clean Chanel Bags
Which Chanel Leather is Most Durable?
There are many different types of leather used in Chanel bags, and each has its own unique characteristics.
The most durable types of leather are full-grain and top-grain caviar leather, which are resistant to scratches and wear. Lambskin leather is also a durable option, though it may show marks more easily than other types of leather.
Lambskin leather bags are not recommended for everyday use. Caviar leather is best if you want to wear your bag every day.
Suede is a popular choice for Chanel bags, but it’s important to note that this type of leather is more delicate than others and can be easily damaged.
If you choose a suede bag, be sure to store it carefully and avoid any contact with water or other liquids.
The most durable Chanel leather bags are made with:
- Goat leather
- Caviar Leather
- Patent leather
Read Also: What other Materials are Chanel Bags Made of
How Long Does a Chanel Bag Last?
Chanel bags are made to last a lifetime, but how long they actually last depends on a number of factors, including the type of leather used, how often you use the bag, and how well you take care of it.
With proper care, a Chanel bag made with full-grain or top-grain caviar leather can last 20 years or more.
A lambskin leather bag may only last 5-10 years with everyday use.
Suede bags require special care to avoid water damage and other wear, so they may only last 2-5 years with regular use.
To get the most out of your Chanel bag, be sure to follow the care instructions provided by the company.
If you’re not sure how to care for your specific bag, take it to a professional leather goods store for advice.
Read Also: Why are Chanel Bags Expensive
What Not to Do When Storing Your Chanel Bag?
Storing your Chanel bag properly is important to maintain its condition and prolong its lifespan, but there are a few things you should avoid doing when storing your bag.
1. Don’t store your bag in direct sunlight. The sun can damage the leather and fade the color of your bag.
2. Don’t store your bag in a humid environment. This can cause mold and mildew to form on the leather.
3. Don’t hang your bag by its handles. This will stretch out the straps and ruin the shape of the bag over time.
4. Don’t store your bag when it’s wet. This can cause the leather to warp and deteriorate.
5. Don’t store your bag with other objects. Pushing your bag into a pile of other things can damage it over time.
6. Don’t put anything on top of your bag. This can add pressure to the leather and may cause it to crack or tear.
7. Don’t spray perfume near your bag. The perfume can damage the leather and leave a permanent stain.
8. Don’t use harsh chemicals to clean your bag. This can strip the natural oils from the leather and damage the finish.
9. Don’t put your bag in the freezer. This may seem like a good way to kill any bugs that are in your bag, but it can actually damage the leather.
10. Don’t wear a light lambskin bag against dark denim, the color can transfer to your bag.
11. Don’t wear your bag in the pouring rain.
12. For delicate materials such as silk brocade, tweed, denim, velvet, and canvas, be extra careful to not ruin your bags. These bags are should be treated with extra care. Use a gentle textile roller or brush for the occasional grooming of these bags. Don’t keep your these bag near any water, acetone, perfume, or oils. Moreover, avoid rubbing it against any raw or dark materials.
If you follow these simple tips, your Chanel bag will stay in excellent condition for many years to come.
If you don’t know how to clean your Chanel bag or you are afraid of doing it yourself to potentially ruin your bag, you can take it to the Chanel store and ask for advice.
They may be able to recommend a bag cleaning service for you (off the record).
Read Also: Real vs Fake Chanel Bags
Enjoy your Chanel Bag
Lastly, enjoy your Chanel bag, although the bags are pricey, you should be able to enjoy your bag and don’t focus on too much trying to keep your bag in pristine condition.
You can always be able to clean your bag and make it look like new.
If you are a clumsy person then choose a bag in the grainier caviar leather as it is more durable to everyday wear and tear.
Final Words on How to Store a Chanel Bag
Chanel bags are undoubtedly luxurious and sophisticated, but they come with a price tag that’s not for everyone.
If you’re lucky enough to own one of these beautiful bags, you’ll want to take care of it so it will last for years to come.
Storing your Chanel bag properly is essential to prolonging its lifespan and keeping it looking its best.
Be sure to avoid any contact with water or other liquids, store the bag in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight, and don’t hang the bag by its handles.
With proper care, your Chanel bag will last for many years to come.
You May Also Like: